Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally I wrote a poem for my angel baby...VERY LONG POEM!

Jesús’ Story

Part 1
The test said “pregnant”
And I was shocked
“Could this be true?”
I sat and thought.

I told your daddy and
He was shocked too
He sat and thought
“What should we do?”

Abortion was
NOT an option
Adoption would not do
We decided we would keep you
‘Cause your life mattered too!

I knew that I would love you
Right from the very start
Especially at the first ultrasound
When I saw that beating heart.

My belly kept on growing
And you kept growing too
I anticipated ultrasounds
To see how
BIG you grew.

The cravings kept on coming
It’s like they would not stop
My favorite thing of all
Was my orange soda pop.

The first time I felt you kick
It was like a sonic boom
My belly just expanded
When you kicked inside my womb.

The blood tests came out negative
You were as healthy as can be
You got all of your nutrients
Because you were inside me.

I always had dreams that
You were a boy right from the start
It must have been mothers intuition
‘Cause I felt it in my heart.

The day of the “BIG” ultrasound
I was relieved just to see
Your little baby bottom
And also your little “wee-wee”.

As soon as I found out
That you were a boy
I went crazy shopping for blue
As I was filled with joy.

I went and bought
Everything that you would need
The cart filled up
With so much speed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2
The days were moving faster
A little past halfway pregnant I was
When something terrible happened
That made me stop and pause.

The ambulance was called
And they came real soon
I was put on the stretcher and was
Took to the hospital under the moon.

Once I was in the room for me
We waited for the doc
The nurse checked all my vitals
As I watched the hands on the clock.

His heartbeat was so normal
Why wouldn’t the bleeding stop?
They said it would all be fine
But I kept on worrying nonstop.

They gave me some kind of medicine
So labor wouldn’t start
It made me really irritated
It felt like I was falling apart.

Unexpectedly it happened
Without any warning
I went into labor with you
When you were just fine this morning!

It was all a big disaster
It happened all so fast
I didn’t even get to see you
When you had already passed.

You are our angel baby
We will always love you
I wish things had went differently
You were gone before we knew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This poem was written in loving memory of…
Jesús Alejandro Giovanni Bauer
July 14th, 2009-July 14th, 2009
12:50pm-1:01pm


(c) Jessica Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment